Friday, September 24, 2010

NOLA - Concept Update

For my photographic essay I will be shooting the above ground graveyards, and hopefully people that work there and people visiting too. Another part of my project is to compare the graveyards in New Orleans, LA and Rochester, MN. If there is a funeral happening in both cities while I am shooting I will be documenting that as well. What inspired me to take on this subject is New Orleans funerals are more of a celebration and a happy occasion than what us Minnesotans experience. Not only is our traditions different, the landscape is too. I have been to a lot of cemeteries in MN, and unfortunately a lot of funerals; doing this project will have a personal effect on my negative and unappealing views and feelings on death in general as well. Sharing this with people will hopefully change their view too.

No comments:

Post a Comment